Friday, February 13, 2009

My Kind of Politics

My political views would qualify as conservative and I am not ashamed to admit that I have strong Christian values. That being said, I still believe in the separation of church and state. Christianity is a world view, it affects how I view the world and how I decide what's right and wrong. If I did not carry over my beliefs into politics, I would not be living consistently with my world view. However, those are my beliefs but if I were to abandon those ideas I strongly believe I would hold many of the same political ideas (however ignorant those ideas may be), simply because I think republicans are a bit more logical and make more sense. Don't get me wrong, I was glad to see a black president even though I don't fully agree with some of his ideas. Still, I am not a strong advocate for either party.

No comments:

Post a Comment