Friday, February 13, 2009

A million, million

I am going to very briefly discuss the recent stimulus bill that has passed based on the comments by Dick Morris. In no way do I pretend to understand fully the details, and these comments are completely my opinion reasoned with little political knowledge I poses. From what I can gather, the government is going to spend nearly a trillion dollars in order to "bail out" people and finical institutions and create new jobs in order to save our economy (I also heard a billion dollars was going to NASA? how is that going to help?). In Morris's article he argues that this bill will not help the economy, but passes the debt on to the government. This idea makes a lot of sense to me for several reasons, where is this money coming from? I'd like to know. 

I think this 800 page bill is being taken to lightly, a few weeks is not long enough to figure out how to spend a trillion dollars. I think the government should hold people and companies accountable for their actions and should do as little and spend as little to help. Again, this just seems to be the logical thing to do in my opinion, I am welcoming comments on different views.

No comments:

Post a Comment